WICN UNDERWRITING MANAGER: JOB OPENING
Written by David Ginsburg on July 22, 2022
WICN Public Radio is seeking a dynamic Underwriting Manager to join our team. As Worcester’s only NPR affiliate, WICN is a unique nonprofit media company with a dedicated audience.
If you’re ready to generate Underwriting revenue through corporate and local business partnerships; generate sponsorship dollars in support of our various concert events; able to build a rapport with everyone you speak with while overcoming standard objections, and create new opportunities to grow this heritage Central Massachusetts nonprofit radio station, we want to speak with you!
The Underwriting Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Create unique partnerships with local businesses to fuel their growth, our revenue generation, and position WICN as a dynamic nonprofit dedicated to supporting the local arts and culture in Central Massachusetts
- Sustain and grow existing Underwriting accounts while providing outstanding account service
- Secure new Underwriting supporters from inception to close
- Write spot copy in compliance with FCC guidelines for nonprofit stations
- Coordinate trade components with Underwriters and vendors
The right candidate will have:
- Proven marketing and sales skills
- Established connections within the Greater Worcester business community are essential
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Proficiency with MS office products
- A valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance
- The desire to work in a mission-driven environment
WICN Public Radio is Jazz+ for New England, broadcasting from Worcester, MA to the Greater Worcester region, Metro West, The Blackstone Valley, Route 495 and Route 9 Corridors, and the fringes of Boston, NH, RI, and CT. WICN streams live to the world at wicn.org
The Underwriting Manager’s primary responsibility is the development and stewardship of business support through targeted prospecting and outreach, managing and growing existing assigned accounts/budgets, identifying clients’ needs, and developing and presenting customized solutions to meet those needs. This is a 30 hours per week position.
Compensation for this position includes a base plus commission.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest and a resume supporting preferred qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WICN Public Radio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.